lonejedi

Default what function can i use to tell me if 2 text cells are the same?

I am trying find a way of Excel telling me if 2 cells are the same (usually
Text) ie cell a1 = rabbit and cell b1 = rabbit the function would give me
TRUE, and cell a1 = rabbit and cell b1 = dog the function would give me
FALSE...

Help please

Duke Carey

=a1=b1

This gives a false of there are leading or trailing spaces in one cell that
don't appear in the other, even though the other characters appear to be the
same, so an alternative is

=trim(a1) = trim(b1)

Neither of these are case sensitive. If you need to check for case, too, use

=exact(a1,b1)