Leigh Ann

Default vlookup error na#

Page 1
Barge #1 (lookup on page 2 and bring back column AF data)
Barge #2 (lookup on page 2 and bring back column AF data)
Barge #3 (lookup on page 2 and bring back column AF data)

Page two data has the barge, if available:
Barge #3 multiple columns of data about barge

I am okay in working out the vlookup error if the barge is not found in the
second page. The problem I am having is that when it does find the barge in
the second page, the data (a date field) in the column I want to bring back
is missing, and it gives me an na# error. If I use the ISNA or ISERROR
formula, I get a zero or whacky date. I need a blank cell returned because my
next column calculates off of the returned date. Does this make any sense?
CLR

No completely empty cell available.........you can get "", the null which
displays blank, but actually is something........or you can put in zero, or
a special character, and then condition your "next column that calculates
off of the returned date" to not respond "IF" that character is
there........the character can also be conditional formatted to appear
invisible.

IF(A1="xx","",YourDateFormula)

hth
Vaya con Dios,