Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Highlight row

Hello,

My doing some inputting work where it contains lots of data. So I need
help to find a VB formula. So once I done the row I want to entire row
to be highlighted. For example Im retrieving data from A1:H1 and once
this done I want to mark I1 with D (Done). So when I type D in I1 I
want A1:H1 to be highlighted.

Appreciate your help

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Xt Xt is offline

On Oct 7, 8:05*am, dave wrote:
Hello,

My doing some inputting work where it contains lots of data. So I need
help to find a VB formula. So once I done the row I want to entire row
to be highlighted. For example Im retrieving data from A1:H1 and once
this done I want to mark I1 with D (Done). So when I type D in I1 I
want A1:H1 to be highlighted.

Appreciate your help

Thank you

You can do that with conditional formatting (unless you really want
VBA) xt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Oct 7, 9:04*am, Xt wrote:
On Oct 7, 8:05*am, dave wrote:

Hello,

My doing some inputting work where it contains lots of data. So I need
help to find a VB formula. So once I done the row I want to entire row
to be highlighted. For example Im retrieving data from A1:H1 and once
this done I want to mark I1 with D (Done). So when I type D in I1 I
want A1:H1 to be highlighted.

Appreciate your help

Thank you

You can do that with conditional formatting (unless you really want
VBA) xt

Hello,

I have tried in conditional format but its only highlight one cell.
When I entered D in H1, only cell A1 get highlighted but I want all
the cell from A1 to G1 to be get highlighted. Any suggestion?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Dave,

Am Fri, 7 Oct 2011 13:02:44 -0700 (PDT) schrieb dave:

I have tried in conditional format but its only highlight one cell.
When I entered D in H1, only cell A1 get highlighted but I want all
the cell from A1 to G1 to be get highlighted. Any suggestion?

select A1:G1 = conditional format = formula:
=$H1="D"

Regards
Claus Busch
--