Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup problem

I am trying to do a Vlookup between two different workbooks. When I enter "false" at the end, it gives me a n/a in the column I want my number to appear. I believe the problem is because they are not both Excel 2007 files - one may have been a CVS file originally and saved as Excel.xlsx and the reason I think this is because I copied & pasted one of the matching addresses from my master file onto the spreadsheet I am looking to pull a reference number from and once I did that, the vlookup worked correctly. The problem is, my master has 150 addresses and the reference workbook has over 700 - how do I convert the reference workbook to the same type of file (they are both saved with .xlsx extensions) and make my vlookup work correctly?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

They are now the same kind of file.........Excel 2007 workbooks........*.xlsx

If you think the data should be found but is not, perhaps in the original csv
file there were extra spaces that you cannot see.

Have you tried using the TRIM function on those data cells to eliminate spaces
if present?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP