Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP problem (N/V)

I have 2 sheets. In one i make calculations in other i have data
(DataSheet)

Id like to extract exact data from my data sheet. I have unique
identifiers in both sheets for the same items, so I tried to extract
data using vlookup:

=VLOOKUP(R3;'DataSheet'!1:22;7;FALSE)

in cell R3 is the unique id. (for example: ES0313860159) - and exactly
the same ID is in the 'DataSheet'

but then instead of getting the value from column 7 in DataSheet which
i was looking for i get the result N/V

whats wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Mortir" wrote in message

I have 2 sheets. In one i make calculations in other i have data
(DataSheet)

Id like to extract exact data from my data sheet. I have unique
identifiers in both sheets for the same items, so I tried to extract
data using vlookup:

=VLOOKUP(R3;'DataSheet'!1:22;7;FALSE)

in cell R3 is the unique id. (for example: ES0313860159) - and exactly
the same ID is in the 'DataSheet'

but then instead of getting the value from column 7 in DataSheet which
i was looking for i get the result N/V

whats wrong?- Hide quoted text -

checked - there are no spaces
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Your table range is set up for rows 1:22 - you probably need to set
this for columns A:V, or change the VLOOKUP to HLOOKUP.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 4, 10:48*am, Mortir wrote:
I have 2 sheets. In one i make calculations in other i have data
(DataSheet)

Id like to extract exact data from my data sheet. I have unique
identifiers in both sheets for the same items, so I tried to extract
data using vlookup:

=VLOOKUP(R3;'DataSheet'!1:22;7;FALSE)

in cell R3 is the unique id. (for example: ES0313860159) - and exactly
the same ID is in the 'DataSheet'

but then instead of getting the value from column 7 in DataSheet which
i was looking for i get the result N/V

whats wrong

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Feb 4, 10:48*am, Mortir wrote:

I have 2 sheets. In one i make calculations in other i have data
(DataSheet)

Id like to extract exact data from my data sheet. I have unique
identifiers in both sheets for the same items, so I tried to extract
data using vlookup:

=VLOOKUP(R3;'DataSheet'!1:22;7;FALSE)

in cell R3 is the unique id. (for example: ES0313860159) - and exactly
the same ID is in the 'DataSheet'

but then instead of getting the value from column 7 in DataSheet which
i was looking for i get the result N/V

whats wrong- Hide quoted text -

no still not working. i tried EXACT on both IDs and it returns TRUE,
so the to IDs must be the same... i just dont get it. I also tried
MATCH, which also returns N/V... is there a problem with the ID being
to long to work or what else could be the problem...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Mortir" wrote in message

I have 2 sheets. In one i make calculations in other i have data
(DataSheet)

Id like to extract exact data from my data sheet. I have unique
identifiers in both sheets for the same items, so I tried to extract
data using vlookup:

=VLOOKUP(R3;'DataSheet'!1:22;7;FALSE)

in cell R3 is the unique id. (for example: ES0313860159) - and exactly
the same ID is in the 'DataSheet'

but then instead of getting the value from column 7 in DataSheet which
i was looking for i get the result N/V

whats wrong?- Hide quoted text -

guys forget it. I made the mistake - i forgot that the lookup value
should be in the FIRST column of the array (banging the head against
the wall!!!)

10x for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK. Glad you got it working.

Pete

"Mortir" wrote in message

I have 2 sheets. In one i make calculations in other i have data
(DataSheet)

Id like to extract exact data from my data sheet. I have unique
identifiers in both sheets for the same items, so I tried to extract
data using vlookup:

=VLOOKUP(R3;'DataSheet'!1:22;7;FALSE)

in cell R3 is the unique id. (for example: ES0313860159) - and exactly
the same ID is in the 'DataSheet'

but then instead of getting the value from column 7 in DataSheet which
i was looking for i get the result N/V

whats wrong?- Hide quoted text -

guys forget it. I made the mistake - i forgot that the lookup value
should be in the FIRST column of the array (banging the head against
the wall!!!)

10x for your help!- Hide quoted text -