Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional format

If I use a conditional format to change a cell colour based on another
cells numerical content, am I able to also somehow change another
cells colour based on another cells colour and not its number content?

The problem I have is a greater than and less than 1 conditional
format. It doesnt like negative numbers. I must display a negative
number. I can get it to work fine if I ABS() the number but I need to
to work on a negative number.

I thought I would ABS() an adjacent cell and then make the actual cell
with the negative number change colour based on the adjacent cells
colour.

Thanks,

Aaron.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Apr 26, 6:40*pm, Aaron wrote:
If I use a conditional format to change a cell colour
based on another cells numerical content, am I able to
also somehow change another cells colour based on another
cells colour and not its number content?

Not easily. You would have to use a VBA function.

Aaron wrote:
The problem I have is a greater than and less than
1 conditional format. It doesnt like negative numbers.
I must display a negative number. I can get it to work
fine if I ABS() the number but I need to to work on a
negative number.

There is no problem with testing negative values in condition
formatting formulas. The cell value must not be what you expect.

Provide some details if you want help. What is the cell value? What
is the cell type -- e.g. TYPE(A1)? How are you trying to test it
using conditional formatting?