BorisS

Default dragging without interference

In my Excel 2002, I am finding that when I am trying to drag a set of cells
right, at the lower right of the area is this "helpful" dropdown box, which
gives me options like "fill, fill with format" or some other crap. I don't
want it, because it places itself right where the lower right drag corner is.
How do I get rid of that little box. It also appears when there are
incosistent formulas across a row or down a column, and I don't want it there
either.
--
Boris

N Harkawat

Go to
Tools--options--Error checking--
and uncheck the "enable background checking"
and all the choices under Rules

"BorisS" wrote in message
In my Excel 2002, I am finding that when I am trying to drag a set of
cells
right, at the lower right of the area is this "helpful" dropdown box,
which
gives me options like "fill, fill with format" or some other crap. I don't
want it, because it places itself right where the lower right drag corner
is.
How do I get rid of that little box. It also appears when there are
incosistent formulas across a row or down a column, and I don't want it
there
either.
--
Boris

Gord Dibben

For the first requirement.......

ToolsOptionsEdit uncheck "show paste options buttons".

And "show insert option buttons"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP