Junior Member

Default How to get text to automatically appear in a cell.

How to get text to automatically appear in a cell.

I manage rental properties for my job and I am trying to create a spreadsheet to monitor repairs.

It my first column, I have a validation list for the area. In the second column, I have (using the indirect formula and validation) another list of all of the properties we manage within the chosen area. Once a property has been chosen, I want the next column to automatically pop up with the tenants name and the following column to automatically pop up with the tenants phone number. I have all of the date already set up in a table., just need to work out how to link it all together? Please help!
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiejames View Post
How to get text to automatically appear in a cell.

I manage rental properties for my job and I am trying to create a spreadsheet to monitor repairs.

It my first column, I have a validation list for the area. In the second column, I have (using the indirect formula and validation) another list of all of the properties we manage within the chosen area. Once a property has been chosen, I want the next column to automatically pop up with the tenants name and the following column to automatically pop up with the tenants phone number. I have all of the date already set up in a table., just need to work out how to link it all together? Please help!
Brazil, 6 February 2011

Dear katie, Good Morning.

I did a little model to solve your problem at your Job.
It´s attached to this message.

I tried to follow your specifications.

Please, take a look at this and tell me if it works for you.

Feel free to ask anything about it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 07-02-2011_ExcelBanter_KatieJames_V1-0.zip (4.9 KB, 154 views)
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
Belo Horizonte, Brazil