-   -   How to get text to automatically appear in a cell. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/268707-how-get-text-automatically-appear-cell.html)

Katiejames

How to get text to automatically appear in a cell.

How to get text to automatically appear in a cell.

I manage rental properties for my job and I am trying to create a spreadsheet to monitor repairs.

It my first column, I have a validation list for the area. In the second column, I have (using the indirect formula and validation) another list of all of the properties we manage within the chosen area. Once a property has been chosen, I want the next column to automatically pop up with the tenants name and the following column to automatically pop up with the tenants phone number. I have all of the date already set up in a table., just need to work out how to link it all together? Please help!

Mazzaropi

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Katiejames (Post 962802)
How to get text to automatically appear in a cell.

I manage rental properties for my job and I am trying to create a spreadsheet to monitor repairs.

It my first column, I have a validation list for the area. In the second column, I have (using the indirect formula and validation) another list of all of the properties we manage within the chosen area. Once a property has been chosen, I want the next column to automatically pop up with the tenants name and the following column to automatically pop up with the tenants phone number. I have all of the date already set up in a table., just need to work out how to link it all together? Please help!

Brazil, 6 February 2011

Dear katie, Good Morning.

I did a little model to solve your problem at your Job.
Itīs attached to this message.

I tried to follow your specifications.

Please, take a look at this and tell me if it works for you.

Feel free to ask anything about it.