Candice H.

Default Counting the number of checkboxes on a spreadsheet

Hi all! I have an issue that I have partly resolved that I would like
assistance on. I have a column of checkboxes in a sheet. I would like to
have a formula at the bottom that totals the number of checked checkboxes.

So far I've had to do a weird way...I go into the Format Control box and
link it to a cell and if the box is checked it displays TRUE. Then from
there I've got it set to perform a COUNT for those cells that contain TRUE.
But the drawback to this is that the word TRUE displays behind the checkbox
and I don't want it to.

What's the best solution/formula for this??

Thanks in advance,
Candice
Peo Sjoblom

Since the word true does not have any use than to tell you how many
checkboxes are checked you can move the cell link, I usually move it either
toi a hidden column or way back to IV, assume the checkboxes are in A2:A50,
just change the link location to for instance IV2:IV50 then use

=COUNTIF(IV2:IV50,TRUE)

If you don't want that large used range you can use any column and then hide
it
under formatcolumnhide

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Candice H." wrote:

Hi all! I have an issue that I have partly resolved that I would like
assistance on. I have a column of checkboxes in a sheet. I would like to
have a formula at the bottom that totals the number of checked checkboxes.

So far I've had to do a weird way...I go into the Format Control box and
link it to a cell and if the box is checked it displays TRUE. Then from
there I've got it set to perform a COUNT for those cells that contain TRUE.
But the drawback to this is that the word TRUE displays behind the checkbox
and I don't want it to.

What's the best solution/formula for this??

Thanks in advance,
Candice

Biff

Another way:

Leave the linked cells where they are and set the font color to be the same
as the fill color.

Biff

"Candice H." wrote in message
Hi all! I have an issue that I have partly resolved that I would like
assistance on. I have a column of checkboxes in a sheet. I would like to
have a formula at the bottom that totals the number of checked checkboxes.

So far I've had to do a weird way...I go into the Format Control box and
link it to a cell and if the box is checked it displays TRUE. Then from
there I've got it set to perform a COUNT for those cells that contain
TRUE.
But the drawback to this is that the word TRUE displays behind the
checkbox
and I don't want it to.

What's the best solution/formula for this??

Thanks in advance,
Candice

Candice H.

Hi, thanks for replying back. I see that I can total based upon the
true/false that is in each cell, but I have 4 rows of checkboxes. I need a
way to fill the checkboxes down and make the cell link relative. So
basically I want to total the 4 columns of checkboxes to see which ones are
checked. Either code or a formula that I can use to do this without having
to do the cell links would be good.

Thanks again for helping...