Peo Sjoblom

Since the word true does not have any use than to tell you how many
checkboxes are checked you can move the cell link, I usually move it either
toi a hidden column or way back to IV, assume the checkboxes are in A2:A50,
just change the link location to for instance IV2:IV50 then use

=COUNTIF(IV2:IV50,TRUE)

If you don't want that large used range you can use any column and then hide
it
under formatcolumnhide

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Candice H." wrote:

Hi all! I have an issue that I have partly resolved that I would like
assistance on. I have a column of checkboxes in a sheet. I would like to
have a formula at the bottom that totals the number of checked checkboxes.

So far I've had to do a weird way...I go into the Format Control box and
link it to a cell and if the box is checked it displays TRUE. Then from
there I've got it set to perform a COUNT for those cells that contain TRUE.
But the drawback to this is that the word TRUE displays behind the checkbox
and I don't want it to.

What's the best solution/formula for this??

Thanks in advance,
Candice