Bob Phillips

alternative method http://tinyurl.com/a27lw and then just count cells with
an 'a' in them.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Candice H." wrote in message
Have 4 columns of checkboxes that I need to total the number of boxes
checked. What would be the best way to do this?

"Biff" wrote:

Another way:

Leave the linked cells where they are and set the font color to be the

same
as the fill color.

Biff

"Candice H." wrote in message
Hi all! I have an issue that I have partly resolved that I would like
assistance on. I have a column of checkboxes in a sheet. I would

like to
have a formula at the bottom that totals the number of checked

checkboxes.

So far I've had to do a weird way...I go into the Format Control box

and
link it to a cell and if the box is checked it displays TRUE. Then

from
there I've got it set to perform a COUNT for those cells that contain
TRUE.
But the drawback to this is that the word TRUE displays behind the
checkbox
and I don't want it to.

What's the best solution/formula for this??

Thanks in advance,
Candice