Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting cells with conditional formatting

I am trying to count the cells in a range that have a certain fill color in
Excel 2003. Is there a way to use COUNTIF? If so, how do I write the criteria
for the color I'm looking for? Or, is there another formula? Many thanks to
whomever can answer this one!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Easiest to Count on the Condition that turned the cells a certain fill
color.

In 2003 you must use VBA code to count colors.

For those colored by CF it involves extra code.

See Chip Pearson's site for code and instructions.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 06:54:01 -0700, AOdoc
wrote:

I am trying to count the cells in a range that have a certain fill color in
Excel 2003. Is there a way to use COUNTIF? If so, how do I write the criteria
for the color I'm looking for? Or, is there another formula? Many thanks to
whomever can answer this one!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use the formula that the Conditional format is based on to calculate your
count. There is no built-in way of counting color within XL, and even using
VB, counting conditional formats is tricky.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M