Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting Colors of Cells set by Conditional Formatting

I've read and used Chip Pearson's excellent VBA to count cell colors
(http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx)

It works fine on the background color but doesn't seem to pick up any
subsequent changes to the background color made by conditional formatting.

Does anyone know of a way I can count colors of cells set by conditional
formatting

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Does anyone know of a way I can count colors of cells set by conditional
formatting

Bob Philips does at his site but it ain't easy!!

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFConditions.html
--
Mike

question.

"RobFJ" wrote:

I've read and used Chip Pearson's excellent VBA to count cell colors
(http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx)

It works fine on the background color but doesn't seem to pick up any
subsequent changes to the background color made by conditional formatting.

Does anyone know of a way I can count colors of cells set by conditional
formatting

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You have set your conditional formatting by means of some condition
(i.e. formula). Thus it is possible to construct another formula using
COUNTIF or SUMPRODUCT to count those cells with the same condition.
You need to give details of the CF conditions if you need more
specific help.

Hope this helps.

Pete