Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default lookup function

I have a column listing numbers in worksheet B. I'm looking for a formula
to place in worksheet A that will list the bottom number listed in that
worksheet B column.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try the below..to retieve the last number

=LOOKUP(10^10,Sheet2!A:A)

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Keith" wrote:

I have a column listing numbers in worksheet B. I'm looking for a formula
to place in worksheet A that will list the bottom number listed in that
worksheet B column.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi again,

I tried the formula you supplied but it didn't seem to work so I will
explain in a little more detail:

In a worksheet named '1' I have this heading in R11:

cum total cost / 100km

$3,030.97
$1,587.52
=IF(AND(Q18="",L18=""),"",Q18/(L18/100))

Then the above formula from R12:R3000.
Of course some cells don't display a $ value because of blank cells
elsewhere (IF formula)

In my 'MENU' worsheet, I need a formula that will pck up that last (or
bottom) cell in R11:R3000 which is displayed as a $ value.

Hope this helps.

Keith

"Keith" wrote:

I have a column listing numbers in worksheet B. I'm looking for a
formula
to place in worksheet A that will list the bottom number listed in that
worksheet B column.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What did not work?

=LOOKUP(10^10,R:R) should do the trick.

If you anticipate a number greater than 10 billion in the range use 99^99
just to be safe.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP