Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Converting A String to a Column of Data

I have some strings like this (some are as long as 4000 separated values):

A;AA;AAI;AAP;AAPL

I am looking for a way to convert these strings into column data like this:

AA
AAI
AAP
AAPL

Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Data - Text to Columns, delimited by semicolon.
Select Data, copy, paste special - transpose.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"carl" wrote in message
I have some strings like this (some are as long as 4000 separated values):

A;AA;AAI;AAP;AAPL

I am looking for a way to convert these strings into column data like
this:

AA
AAI
AAP
AAPL

Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks. I should have provided a better description of my issue.

The strings that I work with are larger than 256 column restriction - some
of the strings have 3000 items.

Any ideas how to handle large strings ?

.