Old May 5th 10, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I want a footnote number (small number) at end of sentence?

I want to put a footnote (small number raised higher than rest of sentence)
at the end of my notation on a report. How do I find this "symbol"?

Old May 5th 10, 05:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Place the cursor at the end of your text in the formula bar and then format
the cell as 'Superscript' and type your number
--
Mike

question.

Old May 5th 10, 05:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you mean you want something like: War and Peace²³
Then you are talking about superscript charters (these are indeed used to
footnotes but also have many other uses)
Method 1
Type "War and Peace23" in the cell
In the formula bar use the mouse to select 23
In the Format dialog, select Font and specify "superscript"

Method 2
To get the number 2 as a superscript, hold down the ALT key and on the
numeric pad (not the top row of the keyboard) type 0178
Likewise for 3; use ALT+0179
For 0 use ALT+0176

best wishes
--