Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme[_2_] Bernard Liengme[_2_] is offline

Default I want a footnote number (small number) at end of sentence?

Do you mean you want something like: War and Peace²³
Then you are talking about superscript charters (these are indeed used to
footnotes but also have many other uses)
Method 1
Type "War and Peace23" in the cell
In the formula bar use the mouse to select 23
In the Format dialog, select Font and specify "superscript"

Method 2
To get the number 2 as a superscript, hold down the ALT key and on the
numeric pad (not the top row of the keyboard) type 0178
Likewise for 3; use ALT+0179
For 0 use ALT+0176

best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"tallcat4000" wrote in message
I want to put a footnote (small number raised higher than rest of
sentence)
at the end of my notation on a report. How do I find this "symbol"?