Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Combining text from multiple cells

Help please. I'm trying to combine text from multiple cells using the
following formula.
=B3&" / "&C3&" / "&D3&" / "&E3&" / "&F3&" / "&G3

Column I is where I am combining what is in these cells.

The above cells contain formulas which I am using to QA certain data. They
can return things like "Low Yield", "High Yield", and "Q" if the data meets
the right conditions. I need the individual cells to return each of these
possibilities, which include spaces, but I only want column I to combine the
ones that are NOT "Q".

Please let me know if you need more info to help. Thanks so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not sure exactly what you want to see in your output. Try these:

=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(B3&" / "&C3&" / "&D3&" / "&E3&" / "&F3&" / "&G3,"/
/","/ /")," Q "," ")

=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(B3&" / "&C3&" / "&D3&" / "&E3&" / "&F3&" / "&G3,"/ Q
/","/"),"/ /","/")

Those are two separate formulas. They may have wrapped from being posted on
the forum. Does one of them do what you want?

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"mgerken79" wrote:

Help please. I'm trying to combine text from multiple cells using the
following formula.
=B3&" / "&C3&" / "&D3&" / "&E3&" / "&F3&" / "&G3

Column I is where I am combining what is in these cells.

The above cells contain formulas which I am using to QA certain data. They
can return things like "Low Yield", "High Yield", and "Q" if the data meets
the right conditions. I need the individual cells to return each of these
possibilities, which include spaces, but I only want column I to combine the
ones that are NOT "Q".

Please let me know if you need more info to help. Thanks so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tom

This first equation is so very close. Thank you for the help. I'm sure I
just want my cake and to eat it too, but this first equation changes the "Q"
into blanks and I want it to return nothing. Is that possible?

Thanks for the help.

Mark

"mgerken79" wrote:

Help please. I'm trying to combine text from multiple cells using the
following formula.
=B3&" / "&C3&" / "&D3&" / "&E3&" / "&F3&" / "&G3

Column I is where I am combining what is in these cells.

The above cells contain formulas which I am using to QA certain data. They
can return things like "Low Yield", "High Yield", and "Q" if the data meets
the right conditions. I need the individual cells to return each of these
possibilities, which include spaces, but I only want column I to combine the
ones that are NOT "Q".

Please let me know if you need more info to help. Thanks so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Option Explicit
Sub stripqSAS()
Dim h As Long
Dim i As Integer
Dim ms As String

For h = 1 To Cells(Rows.Count, "b").End(xlUp).Row
ms = ""
For i = 2 To 7 'col B-G
If Cells(h, i) < "q" And Cells(h, i) < "" Then
ms = ms & Cells(h, i) & "/"
End If
Next i
Cells(h, "i") = Left(ms, Len(ms) - 1)