Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim Jim is offline

Default Format cell based on cell color

Is there a way to format the cell in column A "Red Fill" if there is any cell
in that row in columns B through AO that have a Red filled cell?

If not, is there a way to color the cell in column A if the cell in column B
is Red filled? If that's possible, I could set up a macro to repeat the
process for the other columns.

Thanks for your help
Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim Jim is offline

Or...
Is there a way to go to the first cell in a column that is not formatted
Red? I could work with that as well.

I need to get all of the rows that have Red filled cells at the top of the
worksheet. With a macro I could sort one column at a time and not include
the pre-sorted (already identified Red) columns. Brainstorming on a Friday
afternoon, probably not a good idea. I appreciate your feedback!

"Jim" wrote:

Is there a way to format the cell in column A "Red Fill" if there is any cell
in that row in columns B through AO that have a Red filled cell?

If not, is there a way to color the cell in column A if the cell in column B
is Red filled? If that's possible, I could set up a macro to repeat the
process for the other columns.

Thanks for your help
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How did your cells in Columns B through AO get to be "red filled"...
manually filled with the color or via Conditional Formatting? If Conditional
Formatting, what formula was used?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Jim" wrote in message
Is there a way to format the cell in column A "Red Fill" if there is any
cell
in that row in columns B through AO that have a Red filled cell?

If not, is there a way to color the cell in column A if the cell in column
is Red filled? If that's possible, I could set up a macro to repeat the
process for the other columns.

Thanks for your help
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim Jim is offline

via Conditional Formatting.

There are multiple columns being checked with conditional formatting that
count the number of characters in the column to the left. Each conditional
formatting statement is a Greater Than statement, so if the characters
allowed for that column is exceeded, the cell is highlighted red. I have a
macro that checks several columns between B and AO....now I need to get those
rows to the top.

Thanks,
Jim

.