Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I want to change the cell format (color) based on a calc

I have a spreadsheet with due dates and current date - I want to change the
status on those tasks based on calculation of due date against current date.
If due date has passed - I want to turn cell "red", if not passed thenn
"green" if same day then "yellow".
How can I do this?
thanks !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#due

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"mtnmanus" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with due dates and current date - I want to change the
status on those tasks based on calculation of due date against current
date.
If due date has passed - I want to turn cell "red", if not passed thenn
"green" if same day then "yellow".
How can I do this?
thanks !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Check out Conditional formatting.

Cond. form. together with dates has been dealt with many times in the
earlier newsgroup postings, so you can use the search function and you will
surely find your solution. If not, please ask further.

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"mtnmanus" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with due dates and current date - I want to change the
status on those tasks based on calculation of due date against current date.
If due date has passed - I want to turn cell "red", if not passed thenn
"green" if same day then "yellow".
How can I do this?
thanks !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Take a look at condtional formatting

Format - Conditonal Formatting

Use the Today() function to get the current date.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"mtnmanus" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with due dates and current date - I want to change the
status on those tasks based on calculation of due date against current date.
If due date has passed - I want to turn cell "red", if not passed thenn
"green" if same day then "yellow".
How can I do this?
thanks !

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming the due date is in cell A1...

Select cell A1
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Select the Formula Is option
Condition 1 (due date expired - RED)
Enter this formula in the little box on the right:
=AND(COUNT(A1),A1<TODAY())
Click the Format button
Select the Patterns tab
Select a nice shade of REDOK

Click the Add button
Condition 2 (due date is today - YELLOW)
Formula Is: =A1=TODAY()
Click the Format button
Select the Patterns tab
Select a nice shade of YELLOWOK

Click the Add button
Condition 3 (due date is in the future - GREEN)
Formula Is: =AND(COUNT(A1),A1TODAY())
Click the Format button
Select the Patterns tab
Select a nice shade of GREEN