Al

Default Drop down menu for page references

I attempted to build a pivot table to do this but the formatting will not do
what I need and there is to much data for the pivot table to handle. (It
runs out of columns with only 1/4 of the data on the table...)

I need to have a pull down menu at the top of the page with the 6 data tabs
as the options. I need my formulas to look on the tab that is selected.
Here is the formula in question:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('Data 1 Month'!$B$2:$B$12000=D2),--('Data 1
Month'!$H$2:$H$12000="1"))

So instead of 'Data 1 Month' I want it to check a cell that I specify, which
will be references to my data tabs, and look there.

Al

So What is supposed to go in the quotes?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(INDEX("'"&A2&"'!$B$2:$B$12000")=D2),--(INDEX("'"&A2&"'!$H$2:$
H$12000")="1"))

Bob Phillips

As given, This assumes the dd is in A2, and will pick up its value.

--

HTH

RP

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(INDEX("'"&A2&"'!$B$2:$B$12000")=D2),--(INDEX("'"&A2&"'!$H$2:$
H$12000")="1"))

JE McGimpsey

Sheet names which contain spaces need to be placed within single quotes.

If

A2: My Sheet Name

then

"'"&A2&"'!$B$2:$B$120000"

is resolved to

'My Sheet Name'!$B$2:$B$12000

In article ,

So all the quotes on either side of the & symbols are for what?

Al

<grumble Why can't things ever be simple.

The drop down is in C2. A6 is the value I want to search by in the data tabs.

As posted the formula is not working. If used as listed it says I have
entered 2 few arguments and I have tried several variations and arrangements
of the quote marks in order to try and get it working and it is just not
co-operating.

Just to make sure we're all clear. I want to be able to make a choice in
C2, which will designate the tab I want to search, and then have my formulas
automatically go search those tabs...

"Al" wrote:

So all the quotes on either side of the & symbols are for what?

JE McGimpsey

Bob had a couple of typos in his formula, using INDEX instead of
INDIRECT.

Try:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(INDIRECT("'"&C2&"'!$B$2:$B$12000")=D2),
--(INDIRECT("'"&C2&"'!$H$2:$H$12000")=1))

I took the "1" at the end out of quotes on the assumption that you
actually have numeric data rather than Text.

Drop down menu MGC New Users to Excel 2 May 10th 05 01:21 PM
How do I set up a drop down menu within a drop down menu? Rob Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 12th 05 06:02 PM
Drop down menu Pong Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 12 March 22nd 05 08:34 PM
help with drop down menu data wilecoyote Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 23rd 05 04:06 PM
Applying a formula to a drop menu choice Andrew Hill Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 4th 05 11:05 AM