Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default eliminate duplicates on a sheet

I have a list of 3500 names & addresses in an Excel workbook on one sheet and
some are duplicates. How do I eliminate duplicates?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

see:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"C. Brown" wrote:

I have a list of 3500 names & addresses in an Excel workbook on one sheet and
some are duplicates. How do I eliminate duplicates?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can bring it into a pivot table, then drag the names and addresses on to
the Row Labels. The pivot table will automatically only display the unique
values

Dave

"C. Brown" wrote:

I have a list of 3500 names & addresses in an Excel workbook on one sheet and
some are duplicates. How do I eliminate duplicates?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You could also use Advanced Filters. In the advanced filters dialog box,
there is a check box for unique records only. Also, when selecting the list
range and criteria range, please select the header row

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP