Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I figure square footage for 2 or 3 numbers in a row?

I need to figure square footage of 2 dimensions, height, width, , leaving out
a thrid number in the same cell, then multiply by a separate number. Any way
to do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Post a sample of your dimensions.

You might be able to do that with LEFT(), MID() and RIGHT()...? A looong
shot guess would be something like this:

=LEFT(F1,1)*MID(F1,3,1)*H1

Where your 3 numbers in F1 are 2x5x10, and H1 has the number 8, which you
want to multiply by.

Returns 80.

Falls apart with two-digit dimensions or a combo of one and two!

HTH
Regards,
Howard