Old January 16th 07, 11:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I calculate square footage in excel ?

I want to crate a spreadsheet so that I can enter measurements for a house &
have the total square footage displayed. I am having issues with the
calculations due to feet & inches. Any suggestions or tips???

Old January 16th 07, 11:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to convert your feet and inches values to numeric values. See
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/feetinches.htm and
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm

--
Cordially,