Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim Jim is offline

Default OFFSET and LOOKUP Error

I'm using Excel 2007

I'm using this formula in cell F11 to lookup a payment amount, which works
fine.
=HLOOKUP($I$3,Mortgage_Pay_Table,A11+2)

In Cell E11 I want to display the cell to the immediate left of the cell
being looked up in F11. I have tried this formula but get an error message:
=OFFSET(HLOOKUP($I$3,Mortgage_Pay_Table,A11+2),0,-1)

Suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this...

=INDEX(Mortgage_Pay_Table,A11+2,MATCH($I$3,INDEX(M ortgage_Pay_Table,1,0),0)-1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jim" wrote in message
I'm using Excel 2007

I'm using this formula in cell F11 to lookup a payment amount, which works
fine.
=HLOOKUP($I$3,Mortgage_Pay_Table,A11+2)

In Cell E11 I want to display the cell to the immediate left of the cell
being looked up in F11. I have tried this formula but get an error
message:
=OFFSET(HLOOKUP($I$3,Mortgage_Pay_Table,A11+2),0,-1)

Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jim wrote:
I'm using Excel 2007

I'm using this formula in cell F11 to lookup a payment amount, which works
fine.
=HLOOKUP($I$3,Mortgage_Pay_Table,A11+2)

In Cell E11 I want to display the cell to the immediate left of the cell
being looked up in F11. I have tried this formula but get an error message:
=OFFSET(HLOOKUP($I$3,Mortgage_Pay_Table,A11+2),0,-1)

Suggestions?

Something like this (untested):

=INDEX(Mortgage_Pay_Table,A11+2,MATCH($I$3,Mortgag e_Pay_Table,0)-1)