Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculate % from list of scores or ratings

I have eight responses to an evaluation that scored experience from 0 (worst)
to 10 (best). From the results posted below, I need to compute % of
overall combined % for the evaluations received.

Rating Score # of Responses
0 0
1 0
2 0
3 1
4 2
5 0
6 0
7 2
8 1
9 0
10 2

An overall score of 24% was printed on the report that I received this data
on, but I can't seem to figure out how this overall score was calculated.

Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

Pam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure where that overall score came from. Manually, you can see that 25%
of those polled responded to either 4, 7, or 10, with 12.5% to 3 and 8.
Formula to calculate this is:
=B1/SUM(B$1:B$11)

Copy down.

For your second question, I'm not sure what you actually want to know.
Percentage of response overall is 100%, by definition (unless you have some
other number inidicating those asked vs those who responded). Average score
that people gave is:
=SUMPRODUCT(A1:A11,B1:B11)/SUM(B1:B11)
which equals 6.625

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"P. Hayes" <P. wrote in message
I have eight responses to an evaluation that scored experience from 0
(worst)
to 10 (best). From the results posted below, I need to compute % of
one
overall combined % for the evaluations received.

Rating Score # of Responses
0 0
1 0
2 0
3 1
4 2
5 0
6 0
7 2
8 1
9 0
10 2

An overall score of 24% was printed on the report that I received this
data
on, but I can't seem to figure out how this overall score was calculated.

Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

Pam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

EXCEL 2007

Take the following actions:-

1.

A1:-

Rating

A2 to A12:-

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

2. Column B

B1:-

Number Of Responses

B2 to B12:-

0 0 0 1 2 0 0 2 1 0 2

B13:-

=SUM(B2:B12)

The above returns a total of 8.

3. Column C

C1:-

%age Of Responses Received

C2 to C12:-

=(B2/$B$13)*100
=(B3/$B$13)*100
=(B4/$B$13)*100
=(B5/$B$13)*100
=(B6/$B$13)*100
=(B7/$B$13)*100
=(B8/$B$13)*100
=(B9/$B$13)*100
=(B10/$B$13)*100
=(B11/$B$13)*100
=(B12/$B$13)*100

C13:-

=SUM(C2:C12)

The above returns 100.

If the above is what you want please hit Yes.

Thanks.

"P. Hayes" wrote:

I have eight responses to an evaluation that scored experience from 0 (worst)
to 10 (best). From the results posted below, I need to compute % of
overall combined % for the evaluations received.

Rating Score # of Responses
0 0
1 0
2 0
3 1
4 2
5 0
6 0
7 2
8 1
9 0
10 2

An overall score of 24% was printed on the report that I received this data
on, but I can't seem to figure out how this overall score was calculated.

Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

Pam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for your help. This answered the % of responses received, but it
didn't answer an OVERALL score for the evaluation question that asked people
to rate their experience from 0 (worst) to 10 (best). Do you have any idea
of how an overall score of 24% could result from the data given?