Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luke M[_4_] Luke M[_4_] is offline

Default Calculate % from list of scores or ratings

Not sure where that overall score came from. Manually, you can see that 25%
of those polled responded to either 4, 7, or 10, with 12.5% to 3 and 8.
Formula to calculate this is:
=B1/SUM(B$1:B$11)

Copy down.

For your second question, I'm not sure what you actually want to know.
Percentage of response overall is 100%, by definition (unless you have some
other number inidicating those asked vs those who responded). Average score
that people gave is:
=SUMPRODUCT(A1:A11,B1:B11)/SUM(B1:B11)
which equals 6.625

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"P. Hayes" <P. wrote in message
I have eight responses to an evaluation that scored experience from 0
(worst)
to 10 (best). From the results posted below, I need to compute % of
one
overall combined % for the evaluations received.

Rating Score # of Responses
0 0
1 0
2 0
3 1
4 2
5 0
6 0
7 2
8 1
9 0
10 2

An overall score of 24% was printed on the report that I received this
data
on, but I can't seem to figure out how this overall score was calculated.

Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

Pam