Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF conditional to copy column from one spreadsheet to another

What is the formula to copy email addrs from one sheet column to another
sheet column IF Lname = Lname AND Fname = Fname in the same workbook?

=IF((E2=Sheet1!C2 AND F2=Sheet1!B2),(K2=Sheet1!A2),(K2))

is not getting the job done. Result = #NAME?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try it this way:
=if(and(e2=sheet1!c2,f2=sheet1!b2),sheet1!a2,k2)

It's unclear for your example what result you want if true, so the above is
my guess at it.

Regards,
Fred

"TagTech" wrote in message
What is the formula to copy email addrs from one sheet column to another
sheet column IF Lname = Lname AND Fname = Fname in the same workbook?

=IF((E2=Sheet1!C2 AND F2=Sheet1!B2),(K2=Sheet1!A2),(K2))

is not getting the job done. Result = #NAME?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK I must have misspoken. 'IF' only returns '0' / 'Yes' or '1' / 'No' ...
that is not what I want at all - what I want may not even be a "Function".

I have two spreadsheets / workbooks whatever you call them ... two separate
'.xls' entities.

In the spreadsheet I want to modify, I have many columns, three of which
columns are 'FirstName', 'LastName' and 'Email'. 'FirstName' and 'LastName'
have people's names in them; the column 'Email' has no entries in it at all -
this is the column I want to populate.

In the other spreadsheet, I also have the same three columns but the 'Email'
column does have addresses populating it.

I want to compare 'LastName's and 'FirstName's between the two sheets so
that I get a perfect match. When I do get a perfect match, I want to
populate the empty 'Email' column in the spreadsheet I want to modify with
the correct email address for that unique individual.

In other words, I may have many "Johnson"s in both sheets; "Dale", "Jimmy",
"Don" - whatever. I want to get the unique, individual email address from
one spreadsheet to populate the other spreadsheet.

-Thanks for the replies.

"TagTech" wrote in message
What is the formula to copy email addrs from one sheet column to another
sheet column IF Lname = Lname AND Fname = Fname in the same workbook?

=IF((E2=Sheet1!C2 AND F2=Sheet1!B2),(K2=Sheet1!A2),(K2))

is not getting the job done. Result = #NAME?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here's what I would do.
Add a column to each sheet which is =Lastname & Firstname. Now you have a
unique name. Let's say this is in column J, and the e-mail address you want
to pick up is in column K. Your Lastname&Firstname combination is in column
A of your other sheet.

To get the address, use:
=vlookup(a1,sheet1!J:K,2,false)

Regards,