Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Blank Check?

Please could someone help me with this problem?

The formula in cells of column D must check 'Week Number' (column A) to see
if it is blank. If it is blank then the cell in column D should remain blank
(no value). If the value in 'Week Number' (column A) matches the value in
'Week' (column C), then the number of cells in 'Yes?' (column B) with a value
of 'Y' must be summed up and entered in the corresponding cell of 'Total'
(column D).

For example:

Cells A2:A5 match cell C1. Therefore, the number of 'Y's in cells B2:B5 must
be totalled-up and the resulting value (number) is to be entered in cell D2
(the result of the formula in cell D2.

I am using Excel 2003. If you would like me to send a sample file, please
let me know.

I really would appreciate any help you can give.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

PlutoNash -
Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A13 = C1),--(B1:B13 = "Yes"))

--
Daryl S