Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to check for blank cells with formula

I have a number of cells in a row that have formulas that return either text
or "". For example:

=IF(FIND(H$1,$A3)0,H$1,"")

will return the text in H1 if cell A3 contains H1. The above formulas are
in columns E through R for each row of data. Some return text, and some
return "". I want to identify which rows return "" for all cells in that
row in column E through R by putting a formula in column S. Trouble is, I
can't figureout the formula!!! I tried CountA, but it counts cells with ""
as a cell with an entry. Any suggestions?

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try something like this:

=COUNTBLANK(E1:R1)=14

Will return TRUE when all cells are blank/empty.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP