Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Convert QuickBooks time format to excel to calculate

When I export a Quickbooks "Time by Job Summary" report to Excel, the time is
converted in a time and date format. If I want to put a dollar amount to that
time, it needs to be converted into a number format. I can easily convert the
time for anything less than 24 hours using =(D18-INT(D18))*24. How can I
easily do that for any time greater than 24 hours?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Give some examples of the type of data you want to convert. Are you
trying to get the date into one column and the time (in Excel format)
in another column, or are you saying that a time of say 5.5 days is
showing up as 12:00 5-Jan 1900?

Pete

On Feb 18, 5:14*pm, Misty May <Misty
wrote:
When I export a Quickbooks "Time by Job Summary" report to Excel, the time is
converted in a time and date format. If I want to put a dollar amount to that
time, it needs to be converted into a number format. I can easily convert the
time for anything less than 24 hours using =(D18-INT(D18))*24. *How can I
easily do that for any time greater than 24 hours?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

After exporting a QuickBooks Pro 2009 time summary sheet into Excel 2007 the
formulas in the Excel sheet shows as:

QuickBooks Excel shows as To convert to a number I use
Time shows as
0:30 12:30:00 AM =(D395-INT(D395))*24
24:30 1/1/1900 12:30:00 AM =(D399-INT(D399))*24)+24

I am looking for an easier solution to convert any time greater than 24
hours to a number value for additional billing purposes. Some time may be as
high as 145 hours.

Thanks!

.