Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
twilliams

Default How do I convert a # into a time format in Excel, Ex.845 to 8:45

I have tried to format the cell with a time format. It brings up my times
all as 0:00. I want them to convert to time without me wasting time to enter
the colon between the numbers every time. I want them to convert for example
845 to 8:45.

Can you help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dav

times are stored as part of a day so for example 6am is 0.25, midday is
0.5,

To convert your times If the time is stored in cell a1 try something
like

=INT(A1/100)/24+MOD(A1,100)/24/60

Regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Miguel Zapico

If you always have that format, you can use the following formula:
=TIME(INT(A1/100),MOD(A1,100),0)
Hope this helps,
Miguel.