Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Prevent Cut and Paste

Hello,

I have designed a workbook containing many drop windows.

Other people use this book. It contains 31 sheets (one for each day of the
month).

The issue I am having is, lots of users cut and paste the information from
one row to the next or one page to the other when selecting the same
information.

When they do this, it screws up my formulas.

All parts of the page are locked except the drop windows that they are
cutting and pasting.

Can I allow them to select information from the drop windows but prevent
them from copy and pasting or cutting to another row or page?

Thank you

-Bd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What is a "page"?

I assume a drop window is a Data Validation dropdown list.

If all cells except for the dropdown cell on each worksheet are locked where
are the users pasting to?

Into a dropdown list on another sheet?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:05:01 -0800, BadBoy
wrote:

Hello,

I have designed a workbook containing many drop windows.

Other people use this book. It contains 31 sheets (one for each day of the
month).

The issue I am having is, lots of users cut and paste the information from
one row to the next or one page to the other when selecting the same
information.

When they do this, it screws up my formulas.

All parts of the page are locked except the drop windows that they are
cutting and pasting.

Can I allow them to select information from the drop windows but prevent
them from copy and pasting or cutting to another row or page?

Thank you

-Bd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Good Morning Gord, Thank you for responding.

Page means sheet sorry and on each row there is 10 drop windows per row.

They complete all drop windows on one row and cut that row and paste over
another row.

When they do this, it muffs up the time drop windows calculations at the end
of the row.

wrote:

Hello,

I have designed a workbook containing many drop windows.

Other people use this book. It contains 31 sheets (one for each day of the
month).

The issue I am having is, lots of users cut and paste the information from
one row to the next or one page to the other when selecting the same
information.

When they do this, it screws up my formulas.

All parts of the page are locked except the drop windows that they are
cutting and pasting.

Can I allow them to select information from the drop windows but prevent
them from copy and pasting or cutting to another row or page?

Thank you

-Bd

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It goes like this;

Heading: | Start time Drop window: | End Time Drop Window: | Selection Drop
Window: | Selection Drop Window: | Selection Drop Window: | Selection Drop
Window: | Calculation of time total <- This is not a drop window and is a
locked cell.