Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sir Lancelot

Default prevent the copy and paste function

Can users be prevented from using the copy or paste function in shared
workbooks. I have several cells in workbooks that contain data validation.
I want to prevent other users from overriding the validation. Can this be
done? The workbooks are protected and shared but the worksheets are not.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jerry Price

This will disable Copy / Paste, load on Workbook open:

'///
Sub DisablePaste()
EnableControl 21, False ' cut
EnableControl 19, False ' copy
EnableControl 22, False ' paste
EnableControl 755, False ' pastespecial
Application.OnKey "^c", "Message"
Application.OnKey "^v", "Message"
Application.OnKey "+{DEL}", "Message"
Application.OnKey "+{INSERT}", "Message"
Application.CellDragAndDrop = False
Application.OnDoubleClick = "Message"
CommandBars("ToolBar List").Enabled = False
End Sub
'///

Load on Workbook Close

'///
Sub EnablePaste()
EnableControl 21, True ' cut
EnableControl 19, True ' copy
EnableControl 22, True ' paste
EnableControl 755, True ' pastespecial
Application.OnKey "^c"
Application.OnKey "^v"
Application.OnKey "+{DEL}"
Application.OnKey "+{INSERT}"
Application.CellDragAndDrop = True
Application.OnDoubleClick = ""
CommandBars("ToolBar List").Enabled = True
End Sub
'///

Sub Message()
'// NoGo
MsgBox "Sorry command not Available!" & vbCrLf & _
"Cannot Paste or ''drag & drop''.", 16, "on any Scope Sheets in this
workbook:"
End Sub

--
Thanks & Regards,