Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default COUNTING TEXT VALUES GIVEN MORE THAN ONE ARGUMENT.

I have to count how many contracts are valid in column C according to the
states listed in column A; what can I use as a formula?? Example below:

columnA columnB columnC
header 1 header 2 yes or no
AA 7045014419576 y
AA 7045014419577 y
AA 7045014442533 y
AA 7045014442534 y
AA 7045014442535 y
BA 7490013906162 y
BA 7510002729804 y
BA 7510002729805 n
BA 7510005792751 y
BA 7510007350732 n
BA 7510013830233 y
CA 7530001985876 y
CA 7530002211089 n
CA 7530002421218 n
CA 7530007675729 n
CA 7530007675756 n
CA 7530007675758 n
DA 7530010427400 y
DA 7530011525119 y
DA 7530013166584 n
DA 7530013494462 y
DA 7530013543982 n
DA 7530013543983 y
DA 7530014989209 y
DA 7530015144904 y
DA 7530015144913 n

--
WHEN YOU DO GOOD, GOOD THINGS FOLLOW YOU!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...tml#SumProduct