Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Counting number of times certain Text Values appear

I am wanting to use a way to keep a running total of how many times certain
text appears in a range of cells.

The cells I want to check are a5:a75 and I want it to count the number of
cells that have 'USB Missing' and 'PS2 Missing'

I also want another count where it will count cells A5:a75, b:5:c75 to count
the number of times that the value in A is not USB Missing, is not PS2
Missing, and the values in B is not 'Missing' and the value in B is not
'Broken'.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A5:A75="USB Missing")+(A5:A75="PS2 Missing"))

=SUMPRODUCT((A5:A75<"USB Missing")+(A5:A75<"PS2
Missing")+(B5:B75<"Missing")+(B5:B75<"Broken"))

HTH
Jean-Guy

"Chart_Maker_Wonderer" wrote:

I am wanting to use a way to keep a running total of how many times certain
text appears in a range of cells.

The cells I want to check are a5:a75 and I want it to count the number of
cells that have 'USB Missing' and 'PS2 Missing'

I also want another count where it will count cells A5:a75, b:5:c75 to count
the number of times that the value in A is not USB Missing, is not PS2
Missing, and the values in B is not 'Missing' and the value in B is not
'Broken'.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank-you. I will try that.

Is there a limit to the amount of arguments that you can have in a formula?
The chart I am working on has a few columns and a few arguments per column.

"Chart_Maker_Wonderer" wrote:

I am wanting to use a way to keep a running total of how many times certain
text appears in a range of cells.

The cells I want to check are a5:a75 and I want it to count the number of
cells that have 'USB Missing' and 'PS2 Missing'

I also want another count where it will count cells A5:a75, b:5:c75 to count
the number of times that the value in A is not USB Missing, is not PS2
Missing, and the values in B is not 'Missing' and the value in B is not
'Broken'.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I'm not an expert so I'm not sure but I thing the number of arrays you can
have in an Sumproduct formula is 30.

Regards!
Jean-Guy