Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Assigning and counting values that are text

Can anyone help me?
I have two columns, first one lists several types of sales as text; "NEW",
"NRE", "CPE" etc... the second column lists store numbers; "R18", "R41"
etc... I need a formula that will extract the desired information from the
data for each sales type to each store number. The data comes lumped
together, so I need to know how many "NEW" sales belong to "R18" for example.
Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sumproduct, assuming Sales in column B, store number in column C, and dollar
amount in column C.

=SUMPRODUCT(--($B$2:$B$100="New"),--($C2:$C$100="R18"),($D$2:$D$100))

--
** John C **
Please remember, if your question is answered, to check the YES box below.

"MikeE" wrote:

Can anyone help me?
I have two columns, first one lists several types of sales as text; "NEW",
"NRE", "CPE" etc... the second column lists store numbers; "R18", "R41"
etc... I need a formula that will extract the desired information from the
data for each sales type to each store number. The data comes lumped
together, so I need to know how many "NEW" sales belong to "R18" for example.
Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use PIVOT TABLE
Select your data (have first row as header)
Choose Data|Pivot table...|Next|Next| Click on Layout
Drag SaleType and StoreNo to the left column
You would see Count(...) in the right pane
Click Finish
Go to the new sheet

"MikeE" wrote:

Can anyone help me?
I have two columns, first one lists several types of sales as text; "NEW",
"NRE", "CPE" etc... the second column lists store numbers; "R18", "R41"
etc... I need a formula that will extract the desired information from the
data for each sales type to each store number. The data comes lumped
together, so I need to know how many "NEW" sales belong to "R18" for example.
Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Correction
Drag Type to the left col
and Store to the right side in the large area

"MikeE" wrote:

Can anyone help me?
I have two columns, first one lists several types of sales as text; "NEW",
"NRE", "CPE" etc... the second column lists store numbers; "R18", "R41"
etc... I need a formula that will extract the desired information from the
data for each sales type to each store number. The data comes lumped
together, so I need to know how many "NEW" sales belong to "R18" for example.
Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That almost worked....
I need to break out the different sales type per location. The data looks
like this:

Sales Type Store No.
new R18
cpe R41
nre R18
new R41

So I need to seperate it by store and then by type.

NEW CPE NRE
R18 1 0 1
R41 1 1 0

Is this possible in a pivot table / or a via a formula?

"MikeE" wrote:

Can anyone help me?
I have two columns, first one lists several types of sales as text; "NEW",
"NRE", "CPE" etc... the second column lists store numbers; "R18", "R41"
etc... I need a formula that will extract the desired information from the
data for each sales type to each store number. The data comes lumped
together, so I need to know how many "NEW" sales belong to "R18" for example.
Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you have your table set up like that:
New CPE NRE
R18
R41
Assuming this table starts in row 1, and column A, then in cell B2
(intersection of New and R18), type the following:
=SUMPRODUCT(($B$2:$B$100=A$1)*($C2:$C$100=$A2))
Then copy the formula to the right as far as needed, and down as far as
needed.

--
** John C **

"MikeE" wrote:

Can anyone help me?
I have two columns, first one lists several types of sales as text; "NEW",
"NRE", "CPE" etc... the second column lists store numbers; "R18", "R41"
etc... I need a formula that will extract the desired information from the
data for each sales type to each store number. The data comes lumped
together, so I need to know how many "NEW" sales belong to "R18" for example.
Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Drag
Type to left col (ROW)