M. Penney

Default I need a formula to find rows within a date range in one column?

I have a large file with column g with names, column a with serial numbers
and column d with dates for several thousand rows. They are randomly dated
according to as to when the serial number is first accessed. I need to find
all the rows within a date range such as 04/01/2004 and 04/05/2004.
Can this also place these entire rows into a new sheet (same file).

CLR

Try the AutoFilter..................Data Filter AutoFilter, and then
click the arrow at the top of your date column and select "Custom" and
condition it with "Greater than" certain date and "Lesser than" certain
date..........the filtered rows will be the only onles left in view,
..........if you want to, just copy and paste them to another
sheet..........then, to reverse the filter procedure and return everything
to normal, just do Data Filter AutoFilter again as it's a
toggle..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"M. Penney" <M. wrote in message
I have a large file with column g with names, column a with serial numbers
and column d with dates for several thousand rows. They are randomly dated
according to as to when the serial number is first accessed. I need to

find
all the rows within a date range such as 04/01/2004 and 04/05/2004.
Can this also place these entire rows into a new sheet (same file).

M. Penney

Chuck,

Thank you very much for posting a response to my question! Yes your
directions were just what I was looking for. I tried it a few times and each
time I received the correct data I was looking to consolidate. Thanks again.

M. Penney

"M. Penney" <M. wrote in message
I have a large file with column g with names, column a with serial numbers
and column d with dates for several thousand rows. They are randomly dated
according to as to when the serial number is first accessed. I need to

find
all the rows within a date range such as 04/01/2004 and 04/05/2004.
Can this also place these entire rows into a new sheet (same file).

M. Penney

Chuck,
One thing I should mention, in the filter dropdown menu, picking the dates
that are in the list is far more accurate than putting in what dates I
wanted. The dates I tested ended up being a day with no data input or
something else so the filter gave me some rows that were outside the
criteria. But when I selected the |date dropdown and selected one then the
same for the <, I filtered out only the dates within the two I selected. I am
not sure why the other way did not work.

"CLR" wrote:

You're more than welcome, and thanks for the feedback...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

wrote in message
I have a large file with column g with names, column a with serial

numbers
and column d with dates for several thousand rows. They are randomly

dated
according to as to when the serial number is first accessed. I need to
find
all the rows within a date range such as 04/01/2004 and 04/05/2004.
Can this also place these entire rows into a new sheet (same file).

CLR

Hmmmm.........that's the first I've run across that.........I've used the
AutoFilter frequently, and have two current user programs at work that use
Macros to run it for Start/End dates extracted from a cell, and no one has
ever mentioned any trouble with it........but thanks for the heads up, I'll
keep my eyes open.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3