Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default put a legend in the footer of microsoft office 2003

I have an excel spreadsheet that i need to put a color key code or a legend
in and i tried to change the font to wingdings but it is not working for me.
So is there a way to put a color coded legend in the footer of microsoft
office 2003? I need to put several colored square in with the definations
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have you got the legend created on your sheet?

If you turn the legend into a picture, you can insert the picture into the
footer as a graphic image.

Select range of cells that hold the legend.

SHIFT + EditCopy PictureAs shown on screen and Bitmap is best.

Open Paint or some other graphics editor and paste the image.

Save as.

When adding the footer browse to the file and OK

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP