Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default when i type 5 then it shows.006

hi all
i am new to excel,i was making some sheet and when i type number 5 or any
number it show.005,please let me know what to do
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
Highlight the cells, right click on the mouse, format cells, number, choose
your preference

"gauri" wrote:

hi all
i am new to excel,i was making some sheet and when i type number 5 or any
number it show.005,please let me know what to do

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In addition to Eduardo's suggestion, you might check Tools - Options - Edit,
and make sure you don't have "Fixed decimals" activated.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M