Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default ranking with 2 parameters of inverse relation

hi
how to find promising customer
Customer dues to pay are 5k and pays all bills in 30days
while customer B dues to pay are 500k pays in 32 days
i wish to say customer B is good as the though dues are 500k still manages
to pay in 32days.
how to put this as function please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Think you could associate it via simply using: Amt divided by Num of Days
Assume Amts in B2 down, Num of Days in C2 down
In D2, copied down: =B2/C2
Then in E2, copied down: =RANK(D2,D$2:D$100)
will give you the required relative ranking
Adjust the range to suit. voila? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"Eddy Stan" wrote:
how to find promising customer
Customer dues to pay are 5k and pays all bills in 30days
while customer B dues to pay are 500k pays in 32 days
i wish to say customer B is good as the though dues are 500k still manages
to pay in 32days.
how to put this as function please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Max" wrote:
Think you could associate it via simply using:
Amt divided by Num of Days Assume Amts in
B2 down, Num of Days in C2 down[.] In D2,
copied down: =B2/C2 Then in E2, copied down:
=RANK(D2,D$2:D$100)

That was my initial thought, too. And that does seem to be the way that
"Eddy" wants to rank customers.

But then I wondered: why should a customer who pays 5k in 30 be ranked
"lower" than a customer who pays 50k in 299 days? Is that really what "Eddy"
wants?

(Where "lower rank" means higher rank number, according to Max's formula.
Set the third RANK parameter to 1 if you want "lower rank" to mean lower rank
number.)

So I thought: shouldn't they be ranked by their NPV?

But that leads to some results that might be contrary to the way that "Eddy"
wants it to be. For example, the 5k/30day customer is ranked higher (lower
RANK number) than the 500k/32day customer based on NPV.

"Eddy Stan" wrote:
how to find promising customer
Customer dues to pay are 5k and pays all bills in 30days
while customer B dues to pay are 500k pays in 32 days
i wish to say customer B is good as the though dues are 500k still manages
to pay in 32days.
how to put this as function please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Eddy Stan" wrote:
how to find promising customer
Customer dues to pay are 5k and pays all bills in 30days
while customer B dues to pay are 500k pays in 32 days
i wish to say customer B is good as the though dues are 500k still manages
to pay in 32days.
how to put this as function please.- Hide quoted text -

how about we scale down the amt payable by using LN(), in that way,
suppose the following situations
a. 5k : 30days
b. 5.5k : 32days
c. 6k : 32 days
d. 500k : 32 days
e. 50k : 299days
=LN(amt)/days, the results will be
a. 0.0536
b. 0.0533
c. 0.0560
d. 0.1942
e. 0.0131
if u sort it by descending order
d. 500k : 32 days
c. 6k : 32 days
a. 5k : 30days
b. 5.5k : 32days
e. 50k : 299days

as such, a larger portion is allocated for the days of payment, while
still considering the amt payable