Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Looking up both row and column to give a third value

Hi All,

I have a spreadsheet similar to:
The first column is the pressure, the first row is the specific gravity, and
the rest of the table is the density at each pressure and specific gravity.

0 0.5 1.0
20 0 1.0 2.0
10 0 0.8 1.5
0 0 0.6 1.4

I wish to input a pressure and specific gravity and interpolate what the
density will be.
e.g. for 16 pressure and 0.7specific gravity, what will the density be?

Cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi

please send me email and I will send you the answer.

kwongyauleung at hotmail dot com.

"CameronM" wrote:

Hi All,

I have a spreadsheet similar to:
The first column is the pressure, the first row is the specific gravity, and
the rest of the table is the density at each pressure and specific gravity.

0 0.5 1.0
20 0 1.0 2.0
10 0 0.8 1.5
0 0 0.6 1.4

I wish to input a pressure and specific gravity and interpolate what the
density will be.
e.g. for 16 pressure and 0.7specific gravity, what will the density be?

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Cameron
Try this =INDEX(B2:D4,MATCH(F1,A2:A4,0),MATCH(G1,B1:D1,0))
F1 is the Pressure you want to lookup and G1 is Specific Gravity
The Index function is your density table, first Match is your pressure column,
second match is your gravity row.
You will need to adjust range to your needs.
HTH
John