Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find a row give me a column

Hello Lovely Excel People (flattery works sometimes)
OK so I have a spreadsheet (I know amazing)
With lots of data.
Column A is period so 200908 is August 2009
Column D is a Customer Number.
Column Y I want to be Column T minus Colum T of Customer in "D" in Row A -1
So for instance we are using line 3500
in column Y it would be D3500= 12345
Find 12345 in the spread sheet where Column A = A3500-1

OK anyone have any ideas or any questions to make this actually make sense?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry. Don't think that makes any sense. Lets try again.

I have a large amount of data.
Everymonth the data starts again with Column A incrementing by one from
200908 in August to 200909 in september.
We want to know the difference between the number in Column T from august
and column T from September.
So how do we search through the spread sheet for first the customer number
in Column D and then the previous period which is A -1

Hope that helps.

"Mark B" wrote:

Hello Lovely Excel People (flattery works sometimes)
OK so I have a spreadsheet (I know amazing)
With lots of data.
Column A is period so 200908 is August 2009
Column D is a Customer Number.
Column Y I want to be Column T minus Colum T of Customer in "D" in Row A -1
So for instance we are using line 3500
in column Y it would be D3500= 12345
Find 12345 in the spread sheet where Column A = A3500-1

OK anyone have any ideas or any questions to make this actually make sense?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mark, what you need to know is the limits on your periods i.e. August runs
from row 1 to row 500 and then september from row 501 to say 1200. Then you
use the following formula to work out column T difference where 12345 is the
customer number you are interested in.

=VLOOKUP(12345,$D$501:$T$1200,0) - VLOOKUP(12345,$D$1:$T$500,0)

If this helps, please click "Yes"
<<<<<<<<<