Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default emailing autofilter results

A client is using 2007 autofilter to produce a filtered list, she then emails
the results to a colleague still in filtered format. When the colleague
receives the data it is the complete and unfiltered. I have tried this
several times successfully on my own data, each time the data remains
filtered. She says that she saves the data in it's filtered format. I've
tried that also and it works fine. What can be going wrong?

Any ideas would be gratefully receieved

Diane
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you e-mail a filter result it is better to copy only the visible data
to a new workbook and send that.

1) Select the whole data range or if you not have empty rows/columns in the range
you can use Ctrl * to select all data or use F5SpecialCurrent regionOK with
one cell selected in the data range.
If it copy all the data (there are a few reports of 2007 users) use also the shortcut
Alt ; or F5SpecialVisible cells onlyOK to select only the Visible cells.

2) Ctrl c in all Excel versions or:
Excel 97-2003: EditCopy
Excel 2007: Home tabClipboard groupCopy

3) Shift F11 in all Excel versions to insert a worksheet or:
Excel 97-2003: InsertWorksheet
Excel 2007: Home tabCells groupInsert...Sheet
Or use button next to the last tab

4) Ctrl v in all Excel versions or:
Excel 97-2003: EditPaste
Excel 2007: Home tabClipboard groupPaste

5) Select the worksheet with the filter

6) Press Esc

For a code example see
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5_1.htm

And

http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder2/row2.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Dianeg" wrote in message ...
A client is using 2007 autofilter to produce a filtered list, she then emails
the results to a colleague still in filtered format. When the colleague
receives the data it is the complete and unfiltered. I have tried this
several times successfully on my own data, each time the data remains
filtered. She says that she saves the data in it's filtered format. I've
tried that also and it works fine. What can be going wrong?

Any ideas would be gratefully receieved

Diane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Oops

The example will insert a new worksheet

To open a new workbook replace

3) Shift F11 in all Excel versions to insert a worksheet or:
Excel 97-2003: InsertWorksheet
Excel 2007: Home tabCells groupInsert...Sheet
Or use button next to the last tab

With

Ctrl n

To open a new workbook to paste the data