Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Days Count Sheet Help

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm working on a worksheet (Rollup!) that gives
me a count of days that a person is present in a given month from information
pulled from another sheet (Data!).

Data! includes Name (Column C), StartDate (A), EndDate (N), and FSource (L).

Rollup! needs to include columns: Name, BeginDate, EndDate, FSource, and
DaysCount. But it's funky.

For starters, there will be two dropdowns on Data!, one for year (A1), one
for month (B1) used to filter the records pulled from Data! for the specified
year and month.

For BeginDate I need it to be either the first day of the month or the
StartDate depending on when the person started. For example if my focus
month is December, 2009, and one person's BeginDate is 11/20/09, then the
BeginDate next to their name needs to be 12/01/09. I'm trying to count the
days the person is present in only that month.

For EndDate, same thing. If the person ended within the month
(EndDate=12/24/09), then I need that date, otherwise, if the person is still
there through the last day of the month, I need the last day of the month
inserted. So if this person was still there at the end of December, EndDate
would be 12/31/09. Also, if there is no EndDate on Data!, then the last day
of the selected month should be inserted.

For DaysCount, I need it to simply count the days between BeginDate and
EndDate with one exception. If the EndDate occurs within the month of focus
(ie EndDate= 12/15/09 for December), DaysCount needs to be -1 day (because
the last day doesn't count).

For FSource I simply need to pull over the cooresponding FSource from Data!.

Can anyone help with a formula for this?

Thanks SO MUCH in advance. I know it's complicated but I'm sure it's
possible. I unfortunately lack the Excel coding skill to get it done!
--Dax
--
I would give my left hand to be ambidextrous!