Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need a function

Can anyone help me with this??? Is there a function that can identify if a
person (name) is found in one of 4 worksheets.
--
Alma Brumley
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

It "can" be done......one way would be with a combination of VLOOKUP and
HLOOKUP formulas, or maybe one humongus VLOOKUP formula or with VBA code, but
more details would be needed to give you a specific answer......such as sheet
names and column letters. Also, dealing with "names" is tricky business
cause they are almost never put down the same way twice....what with
initials, periods, middle names, prefixis suffixs, etc etc......

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Alma Brumley" wrote:

Can anyone help me with this??? Is there a function that can identify if a
person (name) is found in one of 4 worksheets.
--
Alma Brumley

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Alma.

In EXCEL 2007 take the following action:-

1. Ctrl-F to launch Find and Replace.

2. In here change a couple of settings:-

- the name you are looking for in Find what:

- the Within: setting to Workbook

- then click on Find All

All instances of the name that you are looking for are then shown at the
bottom of the Find and Replace pop up window.