Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default linking a range of cells (=) to another range

How do I link a range of cells in a column on one worksheet to a range of
cells on a line in another worksheet.
E.g: the data appearing in 'sheet 1' is on range C34: F34.
I would like to see these contents automatically appear in 'sheet 2' on
range H20:H23.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1. In EXCEL 2007 Set up 2 Workbooks one called avinity1.xlsx the other called
avinity2.xlsx.

2. In avinity1 Workbook in cell A 1 type, for example, this is cell A1.

3. Go to avinity2 Workbook and in cell A1 type:-

=[avinity1.xlsx]Sheet1!$A$1

This will copy the information directly from the avinity1 Workbook.

There are other ways of doing this.

Thanks.

"wilhelmus" wrote:

How do I link a range of cells in a column on one worksheet to a range of
cells on a line in another worksheet.
E.g: the data appearing in 'sheet 1' is on range C34: F34.
I would like to see these contents automatically appear in 'sheet 2' on
range H20:H23.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Alternatively the following may help:-

1. In avinity1 type in data (any data that you like) in cells A 6 to E 7
inclusive (10 cells in total - you can make this range any size you like).

2. Highlight the range from number 1. above and do a Ctrl-C to copy.

3. Go to avinity2 Workbook (any cell that you like) then Home group / Paste
/ Paste Link. You should see that the data from avinity1 is copied in. Now,
if you amend avinity1, for the said range, it will update avinity2
automatically.

Thanks.

"wilhelmus" wrote:

How do I link a range of cells in a column on one worksheet to a range of
cells on a line in another worksheet.
E.g: the data appearing in 'sheet 1' is on range C34: F34.
I would like to see these contents automatically appear in 'sheet 2' on
range H20:H23.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is what you need in cells H 20 to H 23:-

=Sheet1!C34
=Sheet1!D34
=Sheet1!E34
=Sheet1!F34

Thanks.

"wilhelmus" wrote:

How do I link a range of cells in a column on one worksheet to a range of
cells on a line in another worksheet.
E.g: the data appearing in 'sheet 1' is on range C34: F34.
I would like to see these contents automatically appear in 'sheet 2' on
range H20:H23.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

you may also try this. Select H20:H23 on sheet2 and type
=TRANSPOSE(Sheet1!C34:F34) in the active cell (which will be H20). Now
confirm the formula with Ctrl+Shift+Enter as against the conventional Enter.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com