Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cell update delay

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet with two cells that are linked to an external value.
However I want one of these cells to only update every second. This is
basically so I can see the difference between what the external value is now,
and what it was a second ago.

Any advice?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Take a look at this:
http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/OnTime.aspx

If you do it once per second, it will (probably) take over control of your
system.

Good luck!!

--
Ryan---

"Bob_hc" wrote:

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet with two cells that are linked to an external value.
However I want one of these cells to only update every second. This is
basically so I can see the difference between what the external value is now,
and what it was a second ago.

Any advice?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Also, you could try something like this:

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
Range("A1").Select
Selection.Calculate

End Sub

Right-click on the tab of Sheet1 and paste the code into the window that
opens (don't put the code in a module).

--
Ryan---

"Bob_hc" wrote:

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet with two cells that are linked to an external value.
However I want one of these cells to only update every second. This is
basically so I can see the difference between what the external value is now,
and what it was a second ago.

Any advice?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for your reply, I'll try out your suggestions.

But is there a way to throttle the update rate of a cell. I know if you type
application.rtd.throttleinterval = 1000 in the immediate window it will delay
the update rate of the whole workbook, but I want this instruction for only a
particular cell. Any ideas?

Hope this makes sense!

"Bob_hc" wrote:

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet with two cells that are linked to an external value.
However I want one of these cells to only update every second. This is
basically so I can see the difference between what the external value is now,
and what it was a second ago.

Any advice?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What would now happen is if you link an external data source to a cell via an
rtd link, it will only update every second. In my case I am getting real time
data of the latest stock market prices/