Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I have a delay in formula results when I change one cell amount

If I autosum A1:a6 and get an answer, then change A3 cell value, I don't get
the corrected autosum until I save the file. Why the delay in results?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

do you have tools-options-calculations set to automatic

"JStangl" wrote:

If I autosum A1:a6 and get an answer, then change A3 cell value, I don't get
the corrected autosum until I save the file. Why the delay in results?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I have a delay in formula results when I change one cell amoun

Yes it is set to automatic and still have the delay.

"JStangl" wrote:

If I autosum A1:a6 and get an answer, then change A3 cell value, I don't get
the corrected autosum until I save the file. Why the delay in results?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools/ Options/ Calculation. Change from Manual to Automatic.
--
David Biddulph

"JStangl" wrote in message
If I autosum A1:a6 and get an answer, then change A3 cell value, I don't
get
the corrected autosum until I save the file. Why the delay in results?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Earlier?

The entire content of the message to which I was replying was as follows:
"If I autosum A1:a6 and get an answer, then change A3 cell value, I don't
get the corrected autosum until I save the file. Why the delay in results?"

It has no reference, either in the text or in the message header, to any
message, it would have been wise to have continued in the same thread, and
quoted the relevant context in your new message.
Where is this earlier message?
--
David Biddulph

"JStangl" wrote in message
If I autosum A1:a6 and get an answer, then change A3 cell value, I
don't
get
the corrected autosum until I save the file. Why the delay in results?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, I now see that you had posted a reply to bj 8 minutes before my
original reply to you, and 56 minutes before my subsequent reply.
Unfortunately, messages don't propagate immediately between servers, and in
particular there are often substantial delays in messages to and from
Microsoft's rather flaky web interface with the newsgroup, so your message
had neither reached my news server nor the Google archive.

The message is there now, and I have no idea why you've got the delay in
your calculations.
--
David Biddulph

"JStangl" wrote in message
If I autosum A1:a6 and get an answer, then change A3 cell value, I
don't
get
the corrected autosum until I save the file. Why the delay in results?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article ,
"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote:

so your message had neither reached my news server

Since you're using OE, you could connect directly to the MS news server:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/ie/oe6nws01.htm
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I can't from here, as we can connect only to the company's internal servers,
but I can at home. That's why I checked the Google archive as well as the
server.
--
David Biddulph

"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote:

so your message had neither reached my news server

Since you're using OE, you could connect directly to the MS news server:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/ie/oe6nws01.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article ,
"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote:

I can't from here, as we can connect only to the company's internal servers

Ah, too bad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AJB AJB is offline

a circular reference can do that